Talented Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, educator with over 29 years of experience as a teacher and an Engineering education advocate, who has promoted STEM education in and outside of the K-12 classroom.
• Nearly 30 years of experience teaching middle and high school age students engineering
• Experienced teaching in the traditional school, home school and after school environments
• Created, developed, and implemented innovative curricula used in the classroom and across the country including Fly To Learn, Raspberry CoPilot and Young Engineers Of Today
• Speaker at numerous education conferences, including Ted Ex Charlotte ED, NSTA, NAIS and NCAIS
• Recipient of several teaching awards including Finalist for the Super Connector Award, Time Warner Cable
• Director Fab Lab Charlotte Latin
Thomas Detoy is a Summer camp instructor as well as a Spring/Fall online instructor. Thomas has been with Young Engineers of Today for several years now, teaching a wide range of subjects from aerodynamics and medieval engineering to GitHub and microcontroller coding. Thomas is currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. In his spare time he enjoys coding in various forms, in a range of languages including Java, C, CSS, Python and even various flavors of Assembly language