Talented Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, educator with over 29 years of experience as a teacher and an Engineering education advocate, who has promoted STEM education in and outside of the K-12 classroom.
• Nearly 30 years of experience teaching middle and high school age students engineering
• Experienced teaching in the traditional school, home school and after school environments
• Created, developed, and implemented innovative curricula used in the classroom and across the country including Fly To Learn, Raspberry CoPilot and Young Engineers Of Today
• Speaker at numerous education conferences, including Ted Ex Charlotte ED, NSTA, NAIS and NCAIS
• Recipient of several teaching awards including Finalist for the Super Connector Award, Time Warner Cable
• Director Fab Lab Charlotte Latin
Thomas Detoy is a Summer camp instructor as well as a Spring/Fall online instructor. Thomas has been with Young Engineers of Today for several years now, teaching a wide range of subjects from aerodynamics and medieval engineering to GitHub and microcontroller coding. Thomas is currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. In his spare time he enjoys coding in various forms, in a range of languages including Java, C, CSS, Python and even various flavors of Assembly language
Jenneane Perih is a summer camp instructor for YEOT and middle school math teacher during the year at Community House Middle School. She has taught several camps ranging from architecture to electronics, and one of her favorites, Ice Cream engineering. Jenneane has an MA in Teaching from UNCC and enjoys watching campers explore, learn and create with the YEOT team each summer.